Can I get support even if I don’t want to make an official report?

Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Yes. The decision whether or not to make an official report to the University or to law enforcement is a personal one. While we hope to be able to fairly adjudicate cases of interpersonal violence and to work towards eliminating it from our campus, we respect the rights of victim/survivors to decide what is best for them. Support resources and certain accommodations are available regardless of whether there is an official investigation. Certain accommodations may not be enforceable without an official report. However, the support resources will work with the victim/survivors to implement appropriate safety measures.