Click on the links below to learn more about different types of violence and abuse including examples and warning signs.
Rights as a Member of the University Community
Persons who disclose and those who are responding to complaints have the following rights:
- The option to notify law enforcement;
- The option to notify the University in order to explore internal reporting options, including investigative and non-investigative options;
- The option to have an advisor present during a University investigation;
- To be notified of counseling and support services available;
- To be notified of options to change academic, living, or work arrangements.
Penn Policies and Procedures
The University of Pennsylvania has several policies and procedures relating to interpersonal violence as well as the overall conduct of members of the university community. Below are the relevant policies related to interpersonal violence and personal conduct. For more information, visit the website of the AVP/Title IX Officer.